Saturday, May 29, 2010 was the day of the official award ceremony of the 2010 Four Freedoms Awards. The European Court of Human Rights was the recipient of the International Four Freedoms Award. The Freedom of Speech and Expression Award was bestowed upon Novaya Gazeta. Asma Jahangir got the Freedom of Worship Award and the Freedom from Want Award went to Maurice Strong. The Freedom from Fear Medal was awarded to Gareth Evans.
The Four Freedoms Events shown below were organized by our partners.
- May 05, 2010 FREEDOM IN MUSIC
- May 19, 2010 SCIENCE CAFÉ FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION
- May 20, 2010 ART AS A TOOL FOR FREEDOM
- May 26, 2010 ROOSEVELT NATIONAL DEBATING TOURNAMENT
- May 28, 2010 SYMPOSIUM SUSTAINABLE FUTURE LEADERS
- May 28, 2010 “HOW FAR IS STRASBOURG FROM ZEELAND” WITH JEAN PAUL COSTA AND EGBERT MYJER
- May 28, 2010 AWARD CEREMONY FOR THE ZEELAND FOUR FREEDOMS AWARDS